Monday, September 23, 2013

Random ramblings

After a day of doing the normal mom thing, dinner, homework, laundry etc, I find that I like to stay up long after my children and Hubs have gone to sleep. "But Nerd Mom, Why?! Aren't you tired?" Short answer: Yes. Extremely. But I also like to have some time to just be. I spend all day alone and that should be enough "me" time but worry about how my kids are doing at school, how my hubs' day at work is going and what the hell I am going to make for dinner keep me from relaxing.

So I stay up late watching Colbert and crocheting. Sometimes I even play around with make up just to see how it looks cause I am too chicken to do it during the day and then wear it out of the house when I pick up the kids. I even try new products that I've bought or that have been sent/given to me for testing purposes. Sometimes I play with things I've won.

Like my Mally Beauty Perfect Prep Poreless Primer. Whew. Try saying that five times fast. I was a lucky winner of this product through a Facebook contest.

This stuff smells terrible and unfortunately for me, causes break outs on my skin. It has it's positives though. It goes on really well, very smooth and you can't even feel it once it's on. I don't use foundation so this was a nice way to cover my skin and helps keep my loose powder in place. And it may sound superficial, but the packaging is really pretty too. :) All in all, I'd have to give this maybe an 7 out of 10 but only because it causes my skin to break out. If there was a sensitive skin version it would probably get a 10/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment