Monday, October 7, 2013

Gluten Free Mac & Cheese, I heart you!

Nerd Mom here to tell you about this great new mac 'n' cheese I just tried. I received a bowl of microwaveable Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese from Annie's Homegrown for free in my #MamaVoxBox from Infuenster. Now, like all people who breathe (and aren't lactose intolerant or allergic to dairy) I LOVE MAC N CHEESE!! I have tried all the microwaveable kinds there are, the kind with a K that rhymes with "raft", the one that is golden that people love to "eeta" and even the store brand from my local H-E-B, but Annies' Homegrown Gluten Free made with Rice Pasta and real cheddar is now my new favorite.
I must admit that it didn't turn out totally the way it was supposed to. I followed the steps on the package and was expecting a bowl of tender pasta with a deliciously cheesy sauce. I got a bowl of tender pasta with some crunchy noodles (I should've stirred it halfway, I think) and a delicious cheese sauce. The sauce itself looked like any other macaroni sauce, a bright orange powder. I was expecting it to taste similar but it tasted like real cheese instead of like powder/processed cheese. A big bonus for me was that I didn't experience any stomach distress after eating it like I do with some other mac n cheese products. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give this a 9, only because of the crunchy noodles (which were more my fault but still made eating a little weird). I am definitely going to be adding more Annie's Homegrown products like the Gluten Free Rice Pasta and Cheddar to my grocery list! :)


**I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes**




No comments:

Post a Comment